What’s involved in organising a Leancamp or Source Summit.
T-Minus: 12 weeks
- Organizing team of 2 or 3 people is finalized.
- 30min kick off meeting with either Leancamp Falicitator.
- Landing page opened. Start building the email list for interested participants.
- Slack channel created. Internal communication for local team, and connecting them to the mothership!
- List of communities: What communities are we going to invite to join? What do they have to learn from each other?
- Ambassador wishlist created - community leaders who can help curate, think of topics, invite speakers and promote the event
T-Minus: 11 weeks
- List of possible venues created. Hosting invitations sent.
Target: 4 venues contacted.
T-Minus: 10 weeks
- Budget created: Sit down with your Advisors to walk you through the budget of previous events. Then make your budget together. This takes around 30-40 minutes.
Target: 150 emails signed up before moving on. Go/no-go based on signups.
T-Minus: 9 weeks
- Venue chosen and confirmed.
- Website launch: once the venue and date are confirmed a new webpage promoting your event will take the place of the existing MailChimp landing page.
Target: site launched.
T-Minus: 8 weeks
- Website sales reviewed with Leancamp Falicitator. Generally, there’s either an awareness or a conversion problem - so further investigation is required.
- Weekly standup call scheduled.
Target: 200 website visitors, 3-5% conversion on sales.
T-Minus: 6 weeks
- Volunteer team recruited for event day. 5-10 people.
Target: 50% of breakeven revenue.
T-Minus: 4 weeks
- Go / no-go decision with Leancamp Falicitator. (We need to breakeven by this point.)
- Catering options listed
- Travel & accomodation for external guests booked. (It’s easiest to give them our budget, a few options for travel, and get them to book travel for themselves.)
T-Minus: 3 weeks
- Catering booked.
- Topic planning: contact the ambassadors to create a list tentative session topics with them.
T-Minus: 2 weeks
- Email to participants. Remind them to promote the event. Invite them to Hackpad to discuss their learning goals and topics.
T-Minus: 1 week
- Emails to participants: Another reminder, with last minute speaker announcements, and a list of some of the best topics from Hackpad.
T-Minus: 1 day
- Venue check
- Follow up email to community to thank them and invite feedback
2 Weeks After
- Next event date announced with discounted advance tickets